International conference on EU-Russia relations
The Luxembourg Institute for European and International Studies in cooperation with the Russkiy Mir Foundation, the Russian Centre of Science and Culture and the Representation of the European Commission in Luxembourg will organize a conference on “The Attitude and Contribution of the European Union and its Member States to the Development of the EU-Russia Relations” in Luxembourg on Friday 8 and Saturday 9 November 2013. The ambition of the conference is to bring together leading experts, academics and policymakers from both the Russian Federation and the European Union.
There will be discussed the next issues:
- EU member states and EU-Russia relations: lessons from past failures to future success
- Common interests, rival values? Trade, energy and the Partnership for Modernisation
- Beyond East-West? Potential for cooperation between the EU and the Eurasian Union
- Allies or rivals? Security, conflict management and global challenges
- Relations between Russia, the EU and its member states in a post-European world – towards a strategic partnership, ad hoc cooperation or confrontation?
The conference is hosted by the European Commission and is held in the Jean Monnet Building (Rue Alcide de Gasperi, Luxembourg-Kirchberg) on Friday 8 November. On Saturday 9 November the conference is held in the Maison de l’Europe in Luxembourg-City (7, rue du Marché aux Herbes). Attendance is free of charge and available upon registration.