Humanitarian visas are issued to foreigners participating in international science, culture or other creative activities/exchanges, as well as to the participants of international sports events and their technical support teams (coaches, masseurs, managers, medics and sports directors). Fans cannot be considered as support staff.
Humanitarian visas can be single or double-entry valid up to 90 days or multiple-entry valid up to 1 year.
For a Humanitarian Visa the applicant must submit the following documents:
1. Original invitation to Russia, issued by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs (a telex #) or the Federal Migration Service (official certificate);
OR (EU nationals only)
1.1. Original or copy of a written statement from the host Russian organization under an official company letterhead with the following information:
а) The visa applicant: surname, first name, other names, date of birth, citizenship, gender, passport number, multiplicity of the visa, purpose of travel, requested period of entry, location of intended residence of the visa applicant, and the cities to be visited;
b) The host organization: full name, official address and contact information, surname, first name, patronymic, and position of the person who signs the statement as well as company’s taxpayer number (INN/ИНН);
2. Valid national passport (original only, with two free visa pages). It must be valid no less than six months after the visa expiration date;
3. Visa application filled in online, printed and signed by the Applicant with a photo affixed to it;
4. One colour photo (35 x 45 mm, clear front view picture against white background, without eyeglasses affixed to the visa application;
5. Medical insurance certificate valid in Russia and covering the period of the first trip to Russia.
The certificate should carry:
- name and the family name of the insured person;
- contract number;
- travel dates;
- explicit mention of travel to the Russian Federation;
- coverage of illness, accidents and repatriation (at least 30.000 USD);
For multiple entry visas valid for 1 year and more the applicant may submit a medical insurance certificate fully covering only the period of the first trip. However, for further travels a valid medical insurance certificate is obligatory. In case of an absence of such certificate a visa holder could be fined and banned from further entries into the Russian territory.
Processing delay: 10 business days, express – 1-3 business days (only when invitations are issued by the MFA (telex) or by the Federal Migration Service).
Visa fee is paid by bank card on the day of application at the Consular Section.
No appointment needed.