Student visas are issued to foreigners for a period up to 90 days.
The subsequent visa extension is done by the territorial agency of the Federal Migration service at the place of study by issuing a multiple visa for the duration of study, but not exceeding one year for each visa.
For a Student Visa, the applicant must submit the following documents:
1. Original invitation to Russia, issued by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs (a telex #) or the Federal Migration Service (official certificate);
OR (EU nationals only)
1.1. The original or a copy of a written statement from the host Russian organization. under an official university/school letterhead with the following information:
а) The visa applicant: the surname, first name, other names, date of birth, citizenship, gender, passport number, multiplicity of the visa, purpose of travel, requested period of entry, location of intended residence of the visa applicant, and the cities to be visited;
b) The host organization: its full name. official address and contact information, the surname, first name, patronymic, and position of the person who signed the statement as well as company’s taxpayer number;
2. Valid national passport (original only, with two free visa pages). It must be valid no less than 18 months after the visa expiration date;
3. Visa application filled in online, printed and signed by the Applicant with a photo affixed to it;
4. One colour photo (35 x 45 mm, clear front view picture against white background, without eyeglasses affixed to the visa application;
5. Medical insurance certificate valid in Russia and covering the period of the first trip to Russia.
The certificate should carry:
- name and the family name of the insured person;
- contract number;
- travel dates;
- explicit mention of travel to the Russian Federation;
- coverage of illness, accidents and repatriation (at least 30.000 USD);
6. For a multiple entry student visa: HIV-test certificate taken within the last 3 months.
Processing delay: 10 business days, express – 1-3 business days (only for invitations issued by the MFA (telex) or by the Federal Migration Service)
Visa fee is paid by bank card on the day of application at the Consular Section.
No appointment needed.