A work visa is issued to foreigners traveling to Russia for a period up to 90 days.
The subsequent visa extension is done by the territorial agency of the Federal Migration Service at the place of work by issuing a multiple visa for the duration of the concluded work contract.
For a Work Visa, the applicant must submit the following documents:
1. The original invitation to Russia from the inviting organization or a work contract. These must be confirmed by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs (a telex #) or the Federal Migration Service (official certificate).
2. Valid national passport (original only, with two free visa pages). It must be valid no less than six months after the visa expiration date;
3. Visa application filled in online, printed and signed by the Applicant with a photo affixed to it;
4. One colour photo (35 x 45 mm, clear front view picture against white background, without eyeglasses affixed to the visa application;
5. Medical insurance certificate valid in Russia and covering the period of the first trip to Russia.
The certificate should carry:
- name and the family name of the insured person;
- contract number;
- travel dates;
- explicit mention of travel to the Russian Federation;
- coverage of illness, accidents and repatriation (at least 30.000 USD);
6. For a multiple entry work visa: HIV-test certificate taken within the last 3 months.
Processing delay: 10 business days, express – 1-3 business days (only for invitations issued by the MFA (telex) or by the Federal Migration Service)
Visa fee is paid by bank card on the day of application at the Consular Section.
No appointment needed.