Claims Paris attacker came to Luxembourg being examined

террорист во Франции

Luxembourg police are investigating claims that the man who was shot dead outside a French police station on last Thursday passed through Luxembourg.

The man, thought to be of Tunisian origin, was shot dead as he attacked the station wielding a knife and wearing what was later found to be a fake explosives vest.

Over the weekend, France’s Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said that the man, believed to be Tarek Belgacem, had travelled to several countries in the EU, including Luxembourg, Switzerland and Germany.

However, Chief of Cabinet to Xavier Bettel, Paul Konsbrück, was sceptical the man had been to the Grand Duchy and said that the authorities would further investigate these claims, during an interview with Luxembourg’s Radio 100.7.

(wort.lu)