Private visas are issued to foreigners visiting relatives or friends in Russia for a period of up to 90 days on the invitation of a Russian citizen or Russian resident.
For a Private Visa, the applicant must submit the following documents:
1. Original invitation to Russia, issued by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs (a telex #) or the Federal Migration Service (official certificate).
1.1 Application addressed to the Russian Ambassador in Luxembourg in case of private visas under the simplified procedure for close relatives (husband, wife, minor child or dependent adult child) of the Russian citizen residing in Luxembourg. (only for EU citizens)
Note: in this case the following documents must be submitted for a single or double entry private visa valid up to 3 months:
- valid passport of the inviting Russian citizen with a copy of the photo page;
- valid residence permit, of the Russian citizen in Luxembourg and its copy;
- documental proof of kinship – original and copies of marriage certificate, birth certificate, court decision on full custody over the child, handicap certificate for the dependent adult child);
Note: foreigners visiting Russia on private visas still must register within 3 days upon arrival at the FMS agency at the home district of the inviting Russian citizen.
2. Valid national passport (original only, with two free visa pages). It must be valid no less than six months after the visa expiration date;
3. Visa application filled in online, printed and signed by the Applicant with a photo affixed to it;
4. One colour photo (35 x 45 mm, clear front view picture against white background, without eyeglasses affixed to the visa application;
5. Medical insurance certificate valid in Russia and covering the period of the first trip to Russia.
The certificate should carry:
- name and the family name of the insured person;
- contract number;
- travel dates;
- explicit mention of travel to the Russian Federation;
- coverage of illness, accidents and repatriation (at least 30.000 USD);
For multiple entry visas valid for 1 year and more the applicant may submit a medical insurance certificate fully covering only the period of the first trip. However, for further travels a valid medical insurance certificate is obligatory. In case of an absence of such certificate a visa holder could be fined and banned from further entries into the Russian territory.
Processing delay: 4-10 business days, express – 1-3 business days. For close relatives of Russian citizens (when the application is addressed to the Ambassador) – 5 business days.
Visa fee is paid by bank card on the day of application at the Consular Section.
No appointment needed.